Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Older Versions of Xara Software

Is there any advantage to keeping older versions of Xara software installed if I have the latest version of Designer Pro?

Default Re: Older Versions of Xara Software

Quote Originally Posted by dkgodfrey View Post
    Is there any advantage to keeping older versions of Xara software installed if I have the latest version of Designer Pro?
    I always keep one past version just in case a design file is trashed by the latest update. Also, it may help in case there are some settings in the old version you need to copy across.

For me, mainly nostalgia (and TGer support),
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Older Versions of Xara Software

I'd say +1 to keep an older version. The upgrade from 10-11 temporarily disabled a feature and so having v10 still around, I could enjoy that feature, which later was put back in. Any time software is updated, professional or not, there's always chances of things changing or breaking that are unintended, so it's a good idea to have past versions of any software that you choose to upgrade, in my opinion. It's not always possible, but when it is, I recommend it.