Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Width Height Coordinate Problem

See attached picture.
    No matter what I try, Units, Grid and Ruler, Scaling, it doesn't matter, I can't get the width height and coordinates to display inches or pixels (except for width), only PTs.
    I even tried uninstalling the program and re-installing it.
    Anybody got a solution?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-03-12_11-16-23 width height coordinates.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	112152  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Width Height Coordinate Problem

What is selected?

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    What is selected?
    You mean what object? If that's what you're asking, it's a rectangle which is 6"x4".

Views:	210 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	112154  

Xara's Facebook

I think I would need a sample file that shows this. I cannot achieve it.

Surely you only need to go to Utilities / Options / Units & set the units to inches. Or am I missing your point?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think I'm right in saying that if you have PT as default then that will be displayed, however if you type in pixels then the measurement will be in pixels but displayed as the equivalent in PTs.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

You only get Page Options > Units (for inches, etc) in Designer Pro, not Web Designer.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ok, there seems to be some confusion as to what the problem is that I'm having. I've attached a Xara Pro11 file and a snapshot of what MY screen shows after I've gone into "Options" and set the units to "inches", or "feet" for that matter. ALL other units display correctly after setting them in "Options".

Now, I've uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Xara Pro11 twice and the problem remains.

It doesn't matter what file I open or even if it is a new file, "inches" and "feet" are displayed as you see in the snapshot, as "pt", with the exception of the objects "width", that is displayed correctly as "inches".

I hope that explains it well enough. I don't know what to do after uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the software. I can open the same file in Xara 5, for example, and the "units" all display as "inches", if set to "inches" in "Options", or "feet" when set to "feet" in "Options".

I have no idea what could have started this behavior, whether downloading something or whatever.

I hope someone can help with this annoying problem.

Thanks everyone for responding.

Views:	223 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	112172  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Xara's Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    Ok, there seems to be some confusion as to what the problem is that I'm having. I've attached a Xara Pro11 file and a snapshot of what MY screen shows after I've gone into "Options" and set the units to "inches", or "feet" for that matter. ALL other units display correctly after setting them in "Options".

Now, I've uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Xara Pro11 twice and the problem remains.

It doesn't matter what file I open or even if it is a new file, "inches" and "feet" are displayed as you see in the snapshot, as "pt", with the exception of the objects "width", that is displayed correctly as "inches".

I hope that explains it well enough. I don't know what to do after uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the software. I can open the same file in Xara 5, for example, and the "units" all display as "inches", if set to "inches" in "Options", or "feet" when set to "feet" in "Options".

I have no idea what could have started this behavior, whether downloading something or whatever.

I hope someone can help with this annoying problem.

Thanks everyone for responding.
    I see your problem now in that the X, Y & H values are all stuck at Points, while W, P & A are in Inches.
    Normally, I would say there was an issue with your Registry entries but a re-install ought to have reset these.

A call to Xara,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I don't think an uninstall removes registry nor user data folders. Might be wrong, but I know I have manually removed these after an uninstall of previous versions.