Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Work Flow to Drop 60 different student images onto background template

Hello...

I've created a "template" that includes background, text, logo, etc. and have 60 Kindergarten student images (with background removed) that I want to drop onto the template. The end product will be one 5 x 7 graphic for each student.

Two questions:

Is there a way to automate the removal of green screen background in each student image - batch processing sort of workflow...

And....is there a way to automate dropping each students image onto the template with the result being an individual piece for each student?

I've attached one sample of the student image already placed on the template. ALSO....if you have any suggestions on the composite...any suggestions to make it look better, please let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K5 Master Composite.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	112513

Default Re: Work Flow to Drop 60 different student images onto background template

Other than applications that can have recorded actions or is scriptable, I don't know of any automated means of cutting out the images. Even then, they would need reviewed carefully.

Depending upon the quality of the green screen shots, the contrast of the subjects against it, I wouldn't think in an image editing application it is more than a minute or two per image doing it manually, though.

Because this is an image of a child, if it is a real child involved in the project and not a stock photo, I would encourage the removal of the present image and obscure the face.

Default Re: Work Flow to Drop 60 different student images onto background template

Just to make sure this is in the right forum. Is this going to be printed or is it part of a website/webpage? You list no Xara products on your profile so it is hard to answer your question.

Designer Pro, but I also don't know the purpose.

I suppose I assumed too much in my initial post. Since the forum is listed as Graphics and animation discussion for Designer Pro, Photo & Graphic Designer and Xtreme products and there is another forum related to web design, I assumed it would be understood this is for print. But I did not specifically state that, so: This is a print project....they will print 5 x 7 prints for each student. I'm using the latest version of Designer Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by dkgodfrey View Post
    Hello...

I've created a "template" that includes background, text, logo, etc. and have 60 Kindergarten student images (with background removed) that I want to drop onto the template. The end product will be one 5 x 7 graphic for each student.

Two questions:

Is there a way to automate the removal of green screen background in each student image - batch processing sort of workflow...
    I guess you're not referring to the images you've already processed?

Automating a task like that is difficult.

My wife is a teacher. She would be in big trouble posting an image of a child on a public forum. I'd remove it, or at least hide the identity with some pixellation.

Quote Originally Posted by dkgodfrey View Post
    I suppose I assumed too much in my initial post. Since the forum is listed as Graphics and animation discussion for Designer Pro, Photo & Graphic Designer and Xtreme products and there is another forum related to web design, I assumed it would be understood this is for print. But I did not specifically state that, so: This is a print project....they will print 5 x 7 prints for each student. I'm using the latest version of Designer Pro.
    Sometimes people post we questions in this section because they are using XDP for web work. Usually these questions are evident, but sometimes they are vague as regards the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I guess you're not referring to the images you've already processed?

Automating a task like that is difficult.

My wife is a teacher. She would be in big trouble posting an image of a child on a public forum. I'd remove it, or at least hide the identity with some pixellation.

Thanks for the help everyone. There isn't a problem with the photo I used for this post....it's legal. Was going to delete it since it's concerning to others, but I don't have "edit" rights. Thanks again.

My concern wasn't that it was "illegal" but posting images of a schoolchild on a forum would not be sanctioned here in the UK without permission from the parent.

Found a tool that should be able to do what you need. But it is quite expensive.
    Green Screen Wizard