Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Not able to preview Xara WD 10 premium website before publishing.

Hello Roly and thank you all for your comments and assistance. I had planned to duplicate this website in Web Plus X7 which I am very familiar with, but have got to say Xara webpages look more vibrant and alive if I can use that term. At any rate, while knowing this effort needs lots of work, I am going to stick with it along with the help of you all here. Don't worry all, I am not thin skinned and welcome all help and, suggestions and comments. I think I've done what I need to upload file.

bob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Bob, every time I tried to fix your navbar I was getting a message about links in addition to the navbar links, so I made a new one from the design gallery and put in the links to each page but was still getting the same message. So I removed your mobile variants and only kept the main site and BINGO, everything worked. Attached is a copy of your website without any variants. I left your old navbar on top of the page above the ZERO px line so it does not show, you can remove it. I also noticed that your page names are not right (example, about us should be our focus). Perhaps the various navbars ( main and variants) were causing some mix-ups but not sure. You can always recreate your mobile variants using the main as your template.

Hope this helps

Ciao

Roly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good Wed Morning Ciao Roly. I am amazed at how you had some problems getting to the root of the problem with all of your experience with Xara. Just think, had you not been kind enough to go through the process of finding out the problems and then correcting them, where would I be? I am now aware that it would have taken me many days or weeks to get to the bottom of why I kept getting that error message. I certainly thank you so much for taking the time away from your busy schedule to figure this out for me. I feel very blessed to have you do this for me.

You mentioned you had hidden the previous Nav Bar. How do I get that back so I can erase it? Also, you mentioned problems with the variant site. I wonder how others used WD 10 without this being noted as a bug, etc? One of the things I liked about this website builder is, it builds a varant at the same time. I think because of my lack of knowledge with WD10 Premium and it's ability to build varants at the same time, I did some procedures that was dead wrong. I will certainly pay more attention because of the problems I've had to this point.

Finally, you mentioned that my page names were not correct. I thought I was following an example in the help section of the Xara instructions. It's very important that I name all of my webpages correctly and I am more than happy you pointed that out. Did I have all of the pages improperly named? It's very important I get that right next time. You have been to good to me and I very much appreciate all of your efforts to help me. I appreciate everyone here who has helped point me in the right direction. I appreciate you taking of your precious time to help me Roly. You and everyone here is special.

bob

Hi Bob, I have not hidden your navbar from the Xara web designer screen but because it is off page it will not show in preview mode. To remove simply click on it and press delete on your keyboard then save. As for the incorrectly named pages, page 2,3,4 and 5 are wrong, they (page 2,3 and 4) seem to be using the name from the template you used to design your web site as for page 5 (index a) comes from a new page you added. As for previewing with different browsers I only use IE and Chrome and both come thru very nice.

Have fun learning Xara

Roly

Hi Bob, being new to Xara web designer you may want to consider going to the following site http://www.xhris.digitalred.net/#xl_xr_page_index and click on indexes (top right) for some great tutorials. If I remember correctly he started the tutorials using Xara web designer 10 and then added some tutorials to deal with the new stuff in V11. Also if you are still experiencing some problems viewing in different browsers you may want to open a new thread and giving the details about your issue, I am quite sure someone will be able to help you.

Roly
    Last edited by roly; 20 April 2016 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added text

Good Thursday Afternoon, Roly and thank you so much for your assistance. Of course I do appreciate everyone else who chimed in to comment and assist me. Thank you for the link above you provided. I am doing lots of reading now. I want to be able to get info on exactly what my problem is and how to fix the problem. I am excited about the prospect of learning this web building program. I am also excited about how good all of the websites look. Thank you everyone and I hope I can come back when I need help.