Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Xara Designer Pro X 365 - Splash Screen Competition

I know Gare usually launches an improved splash screen for each new release.
    Well there probably isn't going to be new "release" following the next for Xara Designer Pro X 365 as it would be continual upgrades thereafter.

I believe the current splash screens are BMP files so no alpha channel for transparency.
    I, however, propose two file formats for your splash screen submission: BMP and PNG.

Hopefully, Xara will see a ways to loading up PNG files with transparency so we can rock in our design; the BMP entry is the default fall-back.

Aim for 500 x 310 px (Golden Ratio).
    Must include the Application Name, MAGIX and space for copyright texts (lorem ipsum will suffice).

Note: all past Pro splash screens seem to be angular, formal and rigid; XWD ones are more web screen centric.

No prizes, only the accolade of your peers. Only one entry each (1xPNG & 1xBMP or either).

Personally, if I could add animation, I would - a 365 day countdown timer for the 365 Day Update Guarantee.
    You're on the clock.

Acorn

Some past Xara application examples:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xaras.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	112418
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X 365 - Splash Screen Competition

I have to say that this is one of the least design-worthy (read ugly) splash screens I have seen. It is so pedestrian. My guess is it was dictated by Magix or maybe even designed by Magix.

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X 365 - Splash Screen Competition

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have to say that this is one of the least design-worthy (read ugly) splash screens I have seen. It is so pedestrian. My guess is it was dictated by Magix or maybe even designed by Magix.
    Which is why I felt we should offer something better.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat