Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just Released: A New Version of Web Designer

I know how you started out post #103, but reread your last paragraph of that post. That is what I was commenting u
    In hindsight that should have started with 'All the businesses I know...'
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

The vast majority of design agencies that I deal with have an Adobe CC subscription. It's still the industry standard.

Anyway, that has little to no bearing on the Xara/Magix subscription, whose users are a different demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Yes, the right-click still has a download all that works for any selected Folder (and its contents).

More detail:http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...128#post551128 & http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...136#post551136.

Acorn
    Thanks, missed that but it's still working rather erratically for me. I would really like a button to download everything in one go.

For me the biggest disappointment is the lack of tables, though I wasn't really expecting it.

Can one of the moderators start another thread regarding the new new version of Xara that does not focus on the sole issue of the subscription option please. I did remark in this thread that I thought it was a most underwhelming update yet, with regards to features, options and templates. Looking through the new features, only the few new animations and the parallax scrolling are of interest, even though we could offer parallax with the previous version already. The leap from V10 to V11 was excellent, but this time, along with the arguments for and against the subscription method, feels like a major let down. I would like to hear other forum members discuss this a bit more, separately from the 365 subscription discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by andymack View Post
    Can one of the moderators start another thread regarding the new new version of Xara that does not focus on the sole issue of the subscription option please. I did remark in this thread that I thought it was a most underwhelming update yet, with regards to features, options and templates. Looking through the new features, only the few new animations and the parallax scrolling are of interest, even though we could offer parallax with the previous version already. The leap from V10 to V11 was excellent, but this time, along with the arguments for and against the subscription method, feels like a major let down. I would like to hear other forum members discuss this a bit more, separately from the 365 subscription discussion.
    Andy, nothing to stop you raising a new Thread yourself.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by andymack View Post
    The leap from V10 to V11 was excellent, but this time, along with the arguments for and against the subscription method, feels like a major let down. I would like to hear other forum members discuss this a bit more, separately from the 365 subscription discussion.
    Perhaps the two issues are linked as I would assume that the Xara team saved up some new features that will be released later in the year to prove that the 365 subscription scheme is a valid proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Perhaps the two issues are linked as I would assume that the Xara team saved up some new features that will be released later in the year to prove that the 365 subscription scheme is a valid proposition.
    If so, it would demonstrate just what is wrong with the model from the user POV.

Can someone please just tell me if the backup cd has just the templates on, and the navbars, widget etc are in the content you get with the programme install? I'm just wondering what actually disappears if I reinstall after the 365 days are over, do I just lose the templates, or all the content? Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobitejake View Post
    Can someone please just tell me if the backup cd has just the templates on, and the navbars, widget etc are in the content you get with the programme install? I'm just wondering what actually disappears if I reinstall after the 365 days are over, do I just lose the templates, or all the content? Many thanks.
    already asked for but no harm in flagging this up again.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    already asked for but no harm in flagging this up again.

Acorn
    Sorry Acorn, just seems as thought it's all gone a little quiet, and I could do with knowing so I know what to spend my money on