Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pantone Version 3 Palettes

Pantone recently released their Version 3 Palettes. I had need for a couple colors from them last week, and just had a user on another forum need a color from them, so I thought I would share these here. Before anyone questions this, I have had explicit permission for years form Pantone directly. However, do note these are being shared from user to user, not from user to software company.

I only converted the Solid Coated and Uncoated spot color palettes, plus the two Bridge coated/uncoated (CMYK) palettes. These are attached in the ZIP below.

After unzipping them, copy or move them into the Palettes folder under your application folder installation. An example for my computer running the 64-bit version of X11 is:

C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X11\Palettes

Do remember the above is where my X11 is installed. Your path may be different--and will be for a 32-bit version installation anyway. Also, you will need administrator rights to copy anything into the appropriate folder.

Does it go without saying one should do this without your Xara application running?

Take care, Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Pantone Version 3 Palettes

Thanks Mike.

You're welcome, Gary.

Appreciate that Mike..very considerate of you!!
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

You're welcome, Jim.

BTW, I used Pantone's CMYK values for these swatches, mainly because I only use them for print. Should anyone want them as RGB for matching Pantone colors for web use, let me know and I'll generate a version using Pantone's sRGB values so corporate colors used for web work can match as good as possible. Because they would be externally named differently, they can coexist in the Xara application folder and one just needs to pick from the proper palette for the two uses.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Should anyone want them as RGB for matching Pantone colors for web use, let me know and I'll generate a version using Pantone's sRGB values.
    Mike
    Yes please, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
    Yes please, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance
    Here ya go...

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mike, these are such generous shares.
    Thank you,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Heck, aren't nuthin...

Really, I do the easy part. The person who wrote the JCWPad application did the hard part. I just export out from Pantone Color Manager each palette as a text file, run three search and replace operations that are chained together (and saved for this), copy and paste into his application, press the format button in that application and save it. Takes about as long to write this as it does the above.

I have occasion to use other spot color palettes as well, both from Pantone and other companies. If anyone has other needs, just post in this thread...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks Mike for sharing these. I'm going to sticky this thread as this is a good resource!

If anyone has other needs, just post in this thread...
    Well... This may be more work that you want to do but several years ago Bill Taylor did colour palettes of the Wiki Colour list http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...a-applications That list has probably been updated since then but it's just a thought if its too much work or if there haven't been enough additions to the list to make it worth your while I understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.