Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: New subscription type method for Xara - no version 12

Well, as long as Xara keeps functioning if you decide not to renew your annual subscription then I don't see it as being a problem.

The only real difference then would basically be that you now have to choose whether to opt-out each year rather than to opt-in. The opt-in default will likely generate more revenue from fence-sitters or those who don't pay enough attention to their subscriptions and I can understand Xara wanting to keep those users. Once again, as long as they keep it a subscription for UPDATES ONLY and you can continue the program if/when it expires, I don't find it objectionable.

What I'm more interested in is what they've got in store for "X-next" then as it were. The only news about the next version seems to be about how they'd prefer we pay for it. I'd really like to know what they've got in the oven as it were. As much as XDP X9 is still my go-to vector program at the moment, the last couple of upgrades have been lackluster and am really eager to try Affinity Designer now that it's coming to Windows. Perhaps this will be a motivator for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JLX View Post
    Well, as long as Xara keeps functioning if you decide not to renew your annual subscription then I don't see it as being a problem.
    I suggest you read the EULA carefully.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    During the installation of Magix Video Pro X, this ad came on the screen:

Attachment 112367

So there you have it, Magix is already announcing Xara Designer Pro X, no number, no date.

John
    Xara Designer Pro X came out in 2012 (shown as Designer Pro X v8).
    http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/download/ (Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.) I bought that version as soon as it came out. Came in handy for my Capstone project in college.
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorMoonX View Post
    Xara Designer Pro X came out in 2012 (shown as Designer Pro X v8).
    http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/download/ (Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.) I bought that version as soon as it came out. Came in handy for my Capstone project in college.
    i think what browj2 was indicating was that Magix mention of just XDPX with no number is showing this is an imminent relase of the new Designer Pro version.
    I think it is just advance marketing as the image browj2 found is clearly part of the splash screen for XPDX11.

As it is, the XWD365P installs as Xara Web Designer Premium, with no numbering.
    The version number that appears in XWD365P is 12.0.0 and the Registry entry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE) is Xara > Xara Web Designer Premium > 12.

All hype,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Somebody please stop this guy paricpo!

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Somebody please stop this guy paricpo!
    Thanks browj2, he is in hand.

For all TGers, if you find anything off, report it by clicking the small black warning triangle under any Post.
    This alerts the relevant Moderator and you will have a faster response.

Acorn