Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New tools won't stay

Hey all... long time since I've been here. There might be a few that remember me, those that don't, you didn't miss much.

To my question. I've got Designer Pro 11 and I'm trying to add some tools onto the interface from the 'Button Palette', the 'Pen tool'. Why it's not on the default palette I have no earthly idea, I use it for 80% of my work in Xara... Anyway, I can add it just fine, put it where I want and them make my other adjustments (making the pick tool toggle on the space bar the way God intended), then close the app and open it back up and the pen tool is gone... again. The keyboard shortcut holds, but the button doesn't. Now I should say that this has been an ongoing issue with the last version of Xara and on 3 different computers. I've just been using it so sparingly that I would just curse a bit, pull the tool back in, and go on. BUT, I'm using Xara a bit more these days and this issue is starting to really bug me. I can only assume I'm doing something wrong since the behavior is consistent, but what I'm not exactly sure. Can anyone shine some light on this for me?

Thanks,

Joe

Default Re: New tools won't stay

Joe, search for XaReg25, download and run.
    Under General > Files tick "Show Pen Tool on Flyout".
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: New tools won't stay

You know, I vaguely remember that app from long ago. Hard to believe it is still needed. That's just silly.

However, it not only put the pen where it needed to be, but also seemed to suddenly make the pen tool that I added to the side toolbar show up as well (I actually like it there as well instead of just available on the flyout because I use it so much)

so, thank you much Acorn, I appreciate the assist.

J