Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile site guide?

Can anybody make video tutorial of how to make website optimized only for smartphones?

Describe what resolution to use etc...

Default Re: Mobile site guide?

For mobile phones, simplify the content, and reduce the amount of photos, especially large photos. Make your text and buttons larger. If you select Retina (hi def) images in Website Properties > Website, then Xara will export images at 96dpi for desktop browsers and 192dpi (hi def) for mobile devices.

Also, open a template that has a mobile variant and study it. All of the parameters are there.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    For mobile phones, simplify the content, and reduce the amount of photos, especially large photos. Make your text and buttons larger. If you select Retina (hi def) images in Website Properties > Website, then Xara will export images at 96dpi for desktop browsers and 192dpi (hi def) for mobile devices.
    What resolution should be used?

The default 480 pixel width works fine for me
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I see that new smartphones support higher resolution so I was not sure if it is safe to go with higher resolution... ?

Yes. You create a larger site what will work for both mobile phones and tablets.

Though 480px should work fine.

Xara can also export Hi-Res images if you have Retina checked in the Web Properties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retina.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	112361  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Yes. You create a larger site what will work for both mobile phones and tablets.

Though 480px should work fine.
    So does new Xara automatically adjust site to be for both smarphones and PC or there is something I should adjust to enable that feature?

I have Xara 9 pro... i hate to upgrade today and in 2-3 montsh new Xata is comming out

So does new Xara automatically adjust site to be for both smarphones and PC or there is something I should adjust to enable that feature?
    No, not automatically. It creates a copy of the desktop site with a smaller screen width. For example your desktop variant may be 960 px wide, and the mobile variant is only 480 px wide. You then need to manually shrink the page content within the mobile variant to fit the smaller 480 px sized page. Not as complicated as it seems.

The big advantage is that if you change content in the desktop variant, it's automatically altered within the mobile variant.

If it's not desperate, hold on for the next release
    Egg