Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PSD file

Default PSD file

Good day,
    A couple of days ago updated its Photoshop CC 14.0 file save it make a backup copy.
    Today, at the opening of a file I found the following error: "The document" filename.psd "could not be opened. Photoshop can not open files in the" Adobe Photoshop file "format."
    I have no idea what to do next as you open the file.

Default Re: PSD file

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't spend a lot of time in Photoshop so I am not the best person to help. But check back and I am sure one of our members can help.

I would like to choose the steps below to get back corrupted .psd file or another variant for severe .psd corruption and as additional service, there are threads where you can get more variants of solution itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com.
    Last edited by Gare; 08 June 2016 at 03:30 PM.

After reading your descriptions, I just think you can save them as JPG instead of PSD. If you find it complex, I recommend you to use watermark-creator to make a copy to backup. Just Run it, you can get the output.
    Last edited by Gare; 08 June 2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: no urls on first post

Hi ydCEck

Excuse me for being a little brusque and not entirely on the cordial side to a new member, but first of all, if you read the membership rules when you signed up, you'd realize that it is not permitted to put a link in your post on your first post.

Also, I'm not sure you know what TalkGraphics is about. We're primarily a site for Xara and Xara-related products, although other products are fine to discuss.

However, jumping in with a "Photoshop answer" on your first post, combined with the fact that you list "NONE" as your Xara products used on your profile page, leads me to believe you don't want to be a member so much as you want to use this forum as a personal bulletin board.

By the way, I'm an expert on Photoshop; been using for over 20 years, written about 8 books on it. The OP might have chosen a file format other than PSD to save the file, in which case, you can open the file in a text editor and see whether the file is actually a PSD or not. There's also a chance the OP didn't choose Backward Compatibility when they saved. In which case the file cannot be opened in a previous version of P'shop.

I've never had a situation where you rename the file to JPEG and then open it in a third party program. The Photoshop file format was originally based on the TIFF open standard, but it's evolved into something entirely else in two decades. Why on Earth would Adobe allow a PSD to be cracked by renaming it?!

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by barnaclue View Post
    I would like to choose the steps below to get back corrupted .psd file or another variant for severe .psd corruption and as additional service, there are threads where you can get more variants of solution itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com.
    Hi Barnacle,

Nice provocative avatar for a guy.

You are not allowed to post a link until you've made several more than one post, and if you'd read out membership rules you'd know this, and I wouldn't have to edit your post, dig it?

You're treading on thin ice, buddy. Your first post, no Xara software used, a link diverting people off our forum?

Just an FYI, some of our members are ex-sailors and know how to scrape barnaclues off ships.

Gary

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see you here. Myself use Photoshop too. Working well so far.