Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: XDPX9 and Surface Pro 4

The decision to purchase a new tablet (I have never had one before) was due to my laptop's self-destruction. I have just about ever iteration of Xara since X1 and did not purchase 11 as I did not need the few new features it offered. Since others have Wacom tablets I thought I would, at least, ask if what I already owned would work on the Surface. I would guess that a new version of Xara is in development and due for release within the next few months so it probably would not be prudent to purchase 11 at this time. Thank you all for all of your advice.

Bob

Perhaps just go for the trials, Bob, so you can delay purchasing as much as possible ahead of the new release.

I hope you let us know how you find the tablet once you've had it for a while.

I'm guessing that the major influence was use with Xara and a stylus.

I suspect the iPad pro is going to do major damage to Wacom's higher-end products.

I do think that Phil's response "Buy new software" was a bit out of line, Having just spent a gazillion dollars on a Surface Pro, Bob may not have any money left for new software. And besides, that's a standard cop out with some issues.

I also think that telling a Xara Group Developer that his response was "Utter crap" was probably a little wrong too though.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The surface Pro is pretty expensive and will be using the latest OS. My experiencing of trying to get old software to run on later Microsoft OSs has often ended badly and I wouldn't want to be installing kludges on a brand new system.

Given the amount of money spent on the tablet, it's not a big deal to spend a little more, surely?

Phil was being honest, if a little abrupt. XDP9 comes from a time when Bobs tablet was only in the imagination of someone at MS.

I would expect XDP11 to actually work on the surface Pro though, if Xara is endorsing it for that purpose.