Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Looking for a font where letters, when flipped upside down, look like other letters

Eg: umop ap!sdn

It's for a poetry project I'm doing; if anyone cares, I can describe it. But what I'm looking for is a font where the majority of letters, when viewed upside down, look like other letters in the alphabet. Obviously, some letters are really easy (b and q, u and n) and some letters won't work in any font (k doesn't have a double). But some letters work better in some fonts than others, like h and y or a and e. f and t are really problems, I'm finding. However, I am not a big font person, and so far all I've been able to work out is that none of the default fonts on my computer will do for all letters, and combining fonts is really distracting (and this whole concept is distracting enough).

If you know of a font that does a good job of looking like other letters when flipped upside down, please drop me a name or a link. Or even if there is a kind of font I should be looking at but don't know the terms for.

Chart of matched letters:
    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u ^ w x y z
    e q * p a t 6 y ! * * l w u o d b J s f n v m x h z

Default Re: Looking for a font where letters, when flipped upside down, look like other lette

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Not sure if there are any fonts like that I know of. You could print out an existing font then turn the page upside down and see what characters look like other characters.

Then using graphics software separate and flip the characters.

Default Re: Looking for a font where letters, when flipped upside down, look like other lette

I've been experimenting with different fonts and haven't really found any that meet my needs, either. I think you're right: customizing a font may be my only option.

I don't think there are any fonts like that. Why would you use it? Why don't you use a normal fonts?

Hi mblack3,

I think the term your looking for is an Ambigram, there aren't really Ambigram fonts, but just google Ambigram generator and there should be loads.

Here's a link to an article that may help you to design your own lettering for making ambigrams.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by Darron E View Post
    Hi, I never know there is such a font, but I know you can do this by adding [URL removed by Mod]. You can write it in paper and take pictures of it and upload to where it needs to be.
    Hi Darron—

I think you misunderstood the question made in this thread. Your link had nothing to do with font creation, but rather how to add your signature to a photo. Please read the forum rules and guidelines: there are no links on a first post, so I deleted yours.

My Best,

Gary