Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Drop Down Text & Graphic Blocks?

Using Xara WD 11 Premium - - is it possible to create a button that when clicked,
    a text block (not menu) with graphics drops down below it? For example, the
    button would say: "Read More" and when clicked the text and graphic block would
    drop down below it? If so, how?

Default Re: Drop Down Text & Graphic Blocks?

There are limitations. Xara can't dynamically change the page length as some sites do. So understanding that you're stuck with a fixed height page there are at least three ways.

1: Link to another page containing the read more text & graphics, with a back button to reload the parent page.

2: Use pop up layers. The main limitation here, is that you'll need to know the length of your longest Read More article.

3: The Read More button opens a placeholder to load an external html page (with scroll bars if required)

I'd prefer option two. I attach a demo file (screengrabs courtesy of bbc.co.uk)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Drop Down Text & Graphic Blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    There are limitations. Xara can't dynamically change the page length as some sites do. So understanding that you're stuck with a fixed height page there are at least three ways.

1: Link to another page containing the read more text & graphics, with a back button to reload the parent page.

2: Use pop up layers. The main limitation here, is that you'll need to know the length of your longest Read More article.

3: The Read More button opens a placeholder to load an external html page (with scroll bars if required)

I'd prefer option two. I attach a demo file (screengrabs courtesy of bbc.co.uk)

Thanks!