Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Shape shader

Default Shape shader

I cant believe this, I suggested this feature to Xara in these forums years ago and check it out. The folks over at Astute Graphics have implemented it in their Texturino plugin: http://astutegraphics.com/wp-content...city-brush.gif

Default Re: Shape shader

What am I supposed to be looking at here?

Xara cannot incorporate every feature suggested for several reasons. The primary reason is have a large number of users requested the feature, and if so, can the feature be included to work with the current code, and if so, will the new feature adversely effect other tools and features.

Did you watch the animated GIF at the link in the post?

Cool tool. I like Astute Graphics plug-ins.

Hey Gary, did you not see the link? It shows exactly what I was talking about, so Im not sure what you mean by you are not sure what you are looking at. Anyway, they did a great job of integrating my exact idea except in this case they are painting out the shading instead of painting it in which although I haven't tried the plugin it was the way I originally described the process. Essentially the process would be click a vector shape, apply a bitmap mask like in Photoshop Show All/Hide All then you use a bitmap airbrush that paints the shading in or out. So much faster than trying to create a gradient in Vector blends or other methods.

I did look at the GIF which did not make any sense to me. But if Mike gets it then it's just me.

If it is animated in your browser, you should see a cursor, much like XDP's Shape Builder cursor, going across the image adding in line shading.

The GIF animation is so shaky and jerky it is very hard to tell what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The GIF animation is so shaky and jerky it is very hard to tell what is happening.
    Fast, but smooth here. So whatever.

I had the same problem as Gary when viewing this thread in Waterfox, but in Chrome, the gif runs smoothly.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by ad1066 View Post
    I had the same problem as Gary when viewing this thread in Waterfox, but in Chrome, the gif runs smoothly.

-- Ben
    As it does in Opera (both desktop and mobile versions), Vivaldi and IE Explorer (both IE and Edge). FF has had issues of one sort or another for several versions.

Mike