Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default In Need of presale help.

Hope to get some info, I'm in no way a website designer but have made a couple websites using ewisoft software which was very easy. I'm looking to purchase Xara web designer and have important questions. Can I download my website that I have now into the Xara software and edit website? Or will I have to make a completely new site?
    Also is it very easy to use? I do not know any html coding. Is there a phone number to contact Xara to speak with them about software?
    Thank you...

Default Re: In Need of presale help.

Xara software is aimed to people not wanting to code their website, so it should be a good choice.
    You could download the trial and import your existing page and check if the result is sufficient. There is a tutorial linked in this post showing how to do it in an older version. The import function has improved since then, so it might be easier than shown.
    You could also rebuild the site using one of the templates.
    I don't know of a phone number.

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Just to be clear, you cannot "import" an existing published website or it design code from another application.

You can effectively screen scrape the text and images and their relative positions onto a Xara design page. There will be no effects or events included.

Download any of the free trials and follow so of the on-line tutorials.
    Yes it is easy to use if you are a visual layout type of person or just rely on the included templates.
    "Coding" is then a matter of different types of links to other pages, layers, external resources, or effects like roll-overs.

There will come a time when you want more and we'll be here waiting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you for the replies, I truly appreciate the info. I'll give it a try...