Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

Default Rollover conundrum

Using DP11 I would really like some text to pop up when I move the mouse pointer over a link. I have done it before and it was easy but now I can't. Help says this:

1.Select a layer in the Page & Layer Gallery and click New to create a new layer.
    2.Draw a rounded rectangle with the Rectangle tool, click a (pale) colour patch on the Colour Line to give it a fill colour. For good measure give it a soft shadow (select the Shadow tool and just drag on the rectangle).
    3.Create a block of text on top of your rectangle. Select the Text tool and drag diagonally across the rectangle. Type your text. You probably want to hide the pop-up layer now, so click the eye icon against your new layer in the Page & Layer Gallery.
    4.Back on the base (MouseOff) layer (click it in the Page & Layer Gallery to set this as current layer) now select the text you want to trigger the pop-up, using the usual method (in the Text tool). Then open the Web Properties dialogue (Ctrl+Shift+W) and on the Mouse-over tab select the new layer from the 'Show popup layer' drop down menu. Click OK.

And I have followed it to the letter down to item 4. At this point I find that there is no tab labelled "Mouse-over" so I looked in all the other tabs to see if there was anything relevant there.

No luck.

Any idea what I should try next.

One thing that has occurred to me as I typed out the above: this is a web site which knowledgeable members of the forum help me out with when I had serious problems with the duplication of pages. That may have been caused by creating a web variant and then using the back button the reverse an over hasty action. I cannot see how a mouse-over function would work using a touch screen so I was wondering if the option does not exist because DP11 thinks that I am working with a touch screen variant.

Default Re: Rollover conundrum

Hi Theo,

The help file is lying again. It's not, just out of date.

Do as instructed but once you've created the trigger text in MouseOff layer, right click and select Web Animation / Mouse Over / Show Pop-up Layer

Mouse over effects don't work on Mobile devices. The link below has a mouse over effect that works on Desktops but you need to click it to get it to do the same on a mobile device.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for that, Egg.

Do I need to create the pop up object (in this case text on a rectangular backgound) in the mouse over layer? I thought that was for buttons. I will try but it certainly doesn't work if I create it on another layer.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Thanks for that, Egg.

Do I need to create the pop up object (in this case text on a rectangular backgound) in the mouse over layer? I thought that was for buttons. I will try but it certainly doesn't work if I create it on another layer.

T
    Sorry to be a numpty!

Take no notice of that last post. I might well have got it now. I'll be back.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Sorry to be a numpty!

Take no notice of that last post. I might well have got it now. I'll be back.

T
    Got it!

Thanks.

Theo

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host