Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Htm - xara web designer 11 premium

Hi I am new to Xara and changing over from serif webplus.Have just noticed when previewing webpages they have the extension htm and not html as in previous web program . What is the difference ? Will this affect website when republishing as already indexed by google with html ? Can this be altered to html ? Any help appreciated . Thanks in advance

Default Re: Htm - xara web designer 11 premium

If you think it might be a problem it can be changed in the page properties by simply adding a .html to the filename field.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filename.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	111962  

AFAIK if you add .html to the index page name, the rest of the site will be automatically published with the .html extension.

Hi James, thankyou for your response , I tried the above but when you preview the site the "home " on the navigation bar the appears as " index.html" ? Am I missing something ?

The convention for websites is that the initial "home" webpage is named index.html ( or index.htm ). It's not just a Xara convention.

If you leave out the full address of the website page, then normally index.html is served back to the user.

"Home" is just a user-friendly term for the index page.

Hi Bindi, if you open the nav bar properties you can chage the name that displays on the nav bar.

Hi James , thanks again...have only had this program a couple of days... How do I get to the Nav bar properties ? Also is it normal when changing to index.html in the web pages properties that the program brings up a warning and then asks you to apply ? Thanks

Hi Bindi, once the nav bar is selected the nav bar properties should be availabe under website toolbar or flyout menu.

Hi James, all done - Thakyou