Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding a mobile varient to an website created in V9

Hi, I want to create a mobile varient for a website I made in XDP9. I took the Website Varient option but the result is just so not appropriate for a phone sized screen that I want to change it to a single long page but keep the original version exactly as is (i.e. 'traditional' multi page).

So... how do I go about doing this? Any attempt to delete pages on the mobile version deletes them in my original and I can see no way around this.
    Grant

Default Re: Adding a mobile varient to an website created in V9

I would save your original site with a new name and create your variants with the new copy. This preserves the original should you want or need to go back.

When you create a variant, Xara creates new pages to the size you have specified and places the content from the main site on the variant pages. So you resize and redesign the original content to work with the new page size.

When you publish your site, Xara adds a bit of code that serves up the appropriate size for the visitor's browser or mobile device.

I took the Website Varient option but the result is just so not appropriate for a phone sized screen ...
    Strange. In what way?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think it was down to how I'd created the original site - it meant I couldn't readily tell what was the page and what was the pasteboard. But I've done some 'fiddling' and it's looking a lot healthier now. Thanks.
    Grant