Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Book Layout Advice

Hi Everyone

I am trying to create a book layout in Xara Pro 11 using one of the print templates but i am not sure about page measurements and wonder if anyone has tried this before? I am using an A5 double page (see attachment) and wonder if this would be sufficient room for text (left) and graphics (right) or i need to reduce the gutter size to accommodate more text?

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layout-2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	111950  

Default Re: Xara Book Layout Advice

I did two books last year. Both were published through CreateSpace (A free on-demand book publishing service affiliated with Amazon.com) www.createspace.com

CreateSpace provides templates for a wide range of book sizes including the minimum inside and outside page margins. The gutter margins vary depending on the number of pages.

There are many features I hope Xara will include in the next release to make doing books more efficient: master pages, adjustable numbering (so page one for example can start at page 21 instead of the first page in the book), support for glyphs, and quite a few more.

I did my page numbers manually which was a chore but it gave me more flexibility.

I was very happy with the two books and how they turned out, but the process could have been and should be a lot more automated.