Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about selection handles.

Hi all
    This has me baffled. I use Xara PAGD 11 and something is really annoying me.
    When rotating an object the selection handles stay in the previous orientation and don't rotate with the object.
    Is there a way to make them rotate with it?

I also use Affinity Designer on my Mac and they follow the objects orientation throughout.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Question about selection handles.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have moved this thread to the Xara Graphics Chat

The rotation arrows remain in the same position. I just tried this because I have used this feature so long I couldn't remember.

Also missing is a dialog with the angle distance rotated. But it has been this way from the first time I used the product.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotate.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	111693  

Default Re: Question about selection handles.

Here's a trick.

Create a small triangle with the top side horizontal: Shape Tool (Line & Cusp Join set) - click a point, Ctrl+click a second point, click a third under the first two and press enter.
    Remove its fill colour and set its line width to None. For demo purposes set the line width to 0 pt.
    Move it over the shape you means to rotate to different angle and reset to its base orientation at any time.

Select both shape and triangle and rotate.
    Sometime later just select the triangle. Change to the Shape Tool and select the leftmost selection point: read off its Angle.
    Back to the Select Tool and select both shape and triangle. Change the Angle of selection to the negative of the triangle value found above.

Both are restored to their base orientation.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat