I've been building a lot of things at work that rely on the guide layer. I batch export from the name gallery using the objects in the guide layer. That way, any new objects I create align with the guide(s). That being said, I'm also building a lot of print files and using the guides to mark trim, bleed, and live area. When going back and forth between 1 page and 2 page views, I notice that objects on the guide layer get multiplied. I think the guide layer needs to have solo mode attributes of regular layers. I'd also like to be able to apply individual colors to objects the guide layer rather than have them be all one color. Alternatively, It might also be advantageous to have multiple guide layers each with their own unique color/customizable color.
I am aware of how to customize the color of the guide layer, but I'd like to be able to have more ability to customize. I know that I can change guide layer colors with custom colors.

The reason I would want this is if I am working on an object that is red and the guide layer is red, I can't see the guides and have to change colors. If I work on another color that is too similar to the new guide color, I will have to change that too. And more likely than not, the client/boss will want changes and I'll have to go back to changing that red object again. It would be nice if the objects in the guide layer could be individually colored and grouped in folders.

The situation where I would use this might be where I'm designing slot machines and I don't know if I will need 3 x 5, 5 x 5, 4 x 6 or 3 x 6, etc for symbol reels. The client might change the format and I would have to make adjustments, but I don't necessarily want to lose my original guides.

With regard to the name gallery, it would be nice to import images and not only have them listed in the "Used Bitmaps", but also have the name of the bitmap in the "Used Names" and have Xara retain the path information. That way, you can treat each bitmap as a named object with a fill, change the fill on all the objects, select their names in the name gallery and hit export to overwrite all of them in one shot. When you have numerous assets to be built with consistent naming conventions and sizes, being able to avoid setting up the path for ever object every time would be a huge time saver. Then designers can work with objects that are already named and change them accordingly, export them out without having to rename them or navigate to a new folder.

In addition, it would be nice to be able to rollover a named object and see the path where it exports. The triangle button isn't intuitive. It's too similar to the "play" button and I would expect to be able to hit that button and have it export instead of apply a name.

Object names that come into a new document should default to jpg rather than gif. I can't remember the last time I intentionally saved a gif rather than a png.

There are other improvements to the name gallery I would like, but I can't think of them all right now. I will update as the come to me.