Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Lost file after program crash?

Hi
    Can anyone help me out here? I had just about finished two weeks work on a website when I got a error crash ID:90e40955-174c-4e7b-94c2-b04cb453b77b and this would not allow me to shut the program down. I had to switch the comp off but today I looked and the whole site that was saved now shows as a empty file? Xara unlike other web programs doesn't seem to help any tech support line? your help or advice please.

Default Re: Lost file after program crash?

It's not clear what version you are using but see if you can do this: Go to File/Open Recent/Backups... and scroll to the file you were working on. For further information, go to the Help file and look for "Automatic Backups". Hope this works out for you and you didn't lose too much work.

You can raise a ticket with Xara through http://support.xara.com/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    It's not clear what version you are using but see if you can do this: Go to File/Open Recent/Backups... and scroll to the file you were working on. For further information, go to the Help file and look for "Automatic Backups". Hope this works out for you and you didn't lose too much work.
    Hi Boy that worked well enough to save most of my past work only lost the work put in last night, grateful for your advice Respect!

Invest some time to copying your main files to a USB stick or get Dropbox and save your design files in a Dropbox folder on your machine.
    Don't rely on one copy system or one machine.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Glad to hear that it worked and that the damage is limited Hollieskid!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Invest some time to copying your main files to a USB stick or get Dropbox and save your design files in a Dropbox folder on your machine.
    Don't rely on one copy system or one machine.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn have learnt that now by the way I am new to Xara and using Xara Web 11 Premium

Hello all, I use a computer with and additional Hard Drive. Will that keep me from loosing files as did Hollieskid for do you still suggest Drop Box??

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanbob View Post
    Hello all, I use a computer with and additional Hard Drive. Will that keep me from loosing files as did Hollieskid for do you still suggest Drop Box??
    You should definitely use something like Dropbox, a Cloud service, that does not rely on your owned machines and devices.
    Acorn