Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing word document

Does anyone know if there is a quick way to import say a 12 page word document into Xara 11 without having to set up 11 more pages and then add text box to each page and then overflow text?

Does Xara or is there a way that xara can automatically open the required number of pages to accommodate the text being imported?

Ken

Default Re: Importing word document

Don't know if there is an auto-flow or not for sure, but not that I am aware of. On a dozen pages I wouldn't worry about it myself. It would take less time than trying, then coming here and posting.

On a book, if I was so inclined to use XDP for one, I would greatly care.

Hi mwenz, for a small number of pages the work involved is small if unwieldy. But if the pages increase or the number of jobs increases then it can be a chore setting each page up. Was just checking if I had missed a way of applying a short cut or not. Maximum reward for the minimum of input of course

Ken

Hi Ken,

I think this would be a good, if not repeated, suggestion for future versions in the wish list thread or as a single post in the Dear Xara section. I understand the want/need to do so. For myself, I just don't (and wouldn't) use XDP for such work. But many here do, which means many more that don't post would also want this capability.

If Xara is really wanting to flesh out the so-called DTP features, this is another type of ability it has to have.

Mike

Not sure if that was your question...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	create pages.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	111639  

Hey, there ya go!

Thanks, siran.

Thanks Siran. Great thing about this community is that there is nearly always a man who can willing to share the knowledge

Ken