Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Any issues when moving a website made in MX Premium to Web Designer 11 Premium?

Has anyone experienced any issues when moving a website made in MX Premium to Web Designer 11 Premium? In other words, if we use Wed Designer 11 Premium to open a site that was created in MX Premium, will everything convert smoothly? We purchased 11 Premium in order to make our sites mobile friendly. Thanks.

Default Re: Any issues when moving a website made in MX Premium to Web Designer 11 Premium?

Hi Laurie

The only thing I have noticed is there is a dialog menu that asks something to the effect do you want to use the existing type settings or convert. I would stick with the current settings.

Download the free trial copy, open a few sites and save them with a new name (so you keep the original unchanged) and then see how it all works out.

Default Re: Any issues when moving a website made in MX Premium to Web Designer 11 Premium?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi Laurie

The only thing I have noticed is there is a dialog menu that asks something to the effect do you want to use the existing type settings or convert. I would stick with the current settings.

Download the free trial copy, open a few sites and save them with a new name (so you keep the original unchanged) and then see how it all works out.
    If we keep the current settings from a website created in MX Premium, can we use all the Web Designer 11 Premium features with the site? Or more specifically, can we create a mobile friendly version of the site in WD11 Premium if we keep the settings made in MX Premium?

(We already own a copy; haven't tried it out yet.)

Thanks.

If we keep the current settings from a website created in MX Premium, can we use all the Web Designer 11 Premium features with the site?
    Yes, I think you can.

Why not make a copy of the .web files and use that to use with the option to use updated settings; this way you have lost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Why not make a copy of the .web files and use that to use with the option to use updated settings; this way you have lost nothing.
    We have backup copies; will keep them in a separate folder so they don't get overwritten by edits. Thanks.