Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Youtube How to create watercolour brushes

I made a video tutorial on creating water colour brushes in Xara. it's a bit rough, I didn't have time to do a thorough editing job, so there may be a few pauses but you will get the basics of how to get a convincing water colour look done completely in Xara. I hope you find it useful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: How to create watercolour brushes

So did anyone find this useful? I'd love a little feedback
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Hi Frances,

I watched it right through last night but have yet to even try to create a brush. Too much other stuff to do, like creating a website for my wife and having to fix all of the photos, videos and music. I started yesterday and she wants it for today.

The video was most informative but long. Since this was a rough effort on your part, I think that if you go back, you can edit out hesitations and things that didn't work to make the video flow better, and shorter. I will definitely give it another go soon but will try creating a brush at the same time, or I will never learn how.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by browj2; 30 January 2016 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Hadn't finished

No complaints here Frances, leave the vid. as it is, it reminded me of doing tuts. with G.B. in the XaraXone and they could be at breakneck speed sometimes and your vid. shows also there's a human being doing this vid. complete with little hickups or as G.B. said "I never said it was going to be a walk in the park" I like this sort of style it always seems more friendly than lectured.

Cheers Frances,
    Stygg

Thanks Stygg and John I hope to see some water colour paintings done using the brush techniques!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]