Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trouble printing graphics with lines made with pen pressure (Wacom Cintiq)

Hello

Software: Designer Pro X11
    Hardware: I7 Windows 8.1, Wacom Cintiq 13"

If I draw a sketch with my Wacom and activate pen pressure. It works on the screen.
    When I make a export file (jpeg) all lines are included.
    When sending my drawing to a printer, some lines are missing, even if they are very thick.
    Changing these lines to a fixed pensize and giving them the color again, then they will appear on the printout.

Perhaps there is a bug in the printer-output-routine.

Please, can someone check, if it is a general bug.

Sincerly Piet

Default Re: Trouble printing graphics with lines made with pen pressure (Wacom Cintiq)

Can you convert the line to a shape? (Arrange menu)

Default Re: Trouble printing graphics with lines made with pen pressure (Wacom Cintiq)

Do they export into a pdf? All that I have done have...if so, print from your pdf reader.

Hello

If I convert these lines to shapes, printing works. But its more effort at my drawing proccess.

If I export to pdf, all works and printing works fine too.
    It seems to be a bug in the printing routine.
    Do the developers read these threads or do I have to contact them on another channel?
    If so - where and how?

Piet - I have moved this thread to Dear Xara which is a forum for bug reports and feature requests.

Yes, Xara and Magic developers read these forums.

Hi Piet,

Please submit a bug report ticket to support.xara.com including an example file.

Thanks,

Phil

Dear Piet,

try to print as bitmap (Print dialogue, tab "Output", Print as ...). Standard Xara sends a kind of vector to the printer which rasterizes the data internally. But one can choose to send the drawing as bitmap to the printer. The data flow will rise dramatically but at least your drawing will be send as Xara has intended. It's worth a try and when it works you don't have to convert al your strokes to shapes ...

Let us know how you fared, will you?

Printing with output set to bitmap works.
    Thanks a lot.