Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDF Graphics

Default PDF Graphics

Trying to create some business cards in Moo.com, an online batch printing company. Because the logo has text in it, they tell me they need it uploaded in PDF format. However, when I try to save/export the logo in PDF format in Xara, it puts it on an entire 8.5x11" page. Is there a way to export the logo graphic in PDF format so that it is only the actual size of the logo and not on a whole page?
    Last edited by therelief; 28 January 2016 at 04:11 PM.

Default Re: PDF Graphics

Quote Originally Posted by therelief View Post
    Trying to create some business cards in Moo.com, an online batch printing company. Because the logo has text in it, they tell me they need it uploaded in PDF format. However, when I try to save/export the logo in PDF format, it puts it on an entire page. Is there a way to export the logo graphic in PDF format so that it is only the actual size of the logo and not on a whole page?
    Well, v.11 of your listed product has PDF support (http://www.xara.com/uk/photo-graphic-designer/features/ last image) where there is the option to only generate PDF for the selected objects.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It will/should export as a pdf using the page size of the document. Make the page size the size of the card style you are using at Moo.

Aha! Will try that and report back. Thank you!

Argh. I have selected it to export the selected area and set the DPI to 300, but the exported image/PDF doc is blank. Any idea on what is going on?

Did you change the page size? If so, there is no need to select anything.

Not sure what you mean. Acorn suggested setting the option to export just the selected object, which I did. Because the whole point is to NOT generate an entire 8.5 x 11 PDF page, just the graphic at its own size. However, when I export, Xara still puts it in a big page AND it is still blank. Not sure what to do.

Set the page size. Put your design on it where it belongs. Export to pdf and don't choose selection. Could I be clearer? If you are still having difficulty then upload your file.

Mike

Still not working. The logo that we have to export is 1.8" x .46". I set the page to that size. I went to export to PDF and while it changed the page size, it is still blank. Due to confidentiality, I can't upload the file.

I thought this was a business card? What size is the business card you are having Moo print?

Is it on a layer that is set to not print? Not certain that option is in your application or not. Is the design on the page itself?

I love the whole confidential thing. Eventually, your going to send it to people unknown. If you desire, send me a PM with a link to download it. I'll keep it secret, I promise and delete it when done.