Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Creating 'triangulated' images in Xara

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Gary - many thanks for the link to Dmesh, its exacly what I was looking for and I agree re the learning curve, also a couple of major frustrations like no zoom or go back facility (unless I have missed it!), but it does produce some fabulous results. When I have finsihed playing and am feeling confident enough I will come back and post some examples.

I also agree re Xara using an image on their site that cannot be produced natively in Xara and this has parallels to another thread in the forum re the 'circular navigation wheel' http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...vigation-wheel
    You're more than welcome, nobbyy. It alwys excites me as a fellow artist when someone tries out a new technique, vehicle of expression, a new spin on an existing feature in a program, whatever. It puts the artist in the driver's seat, and not following a user's manual to create recipe-oriented cookie-cutter clipart.

I didn't see the post about the circular toolbox...um, which was ripped off from the indie film World Builder,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circularPalletee.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	111684

or Tron, or any "heads-up display" sort of techno eye candy. So I left an ungracious and childish post. :)

Good luck with the triangulations. Just poking around the program will provide new features and a better understanding of how to tweak the images. Thank Bob Taylor who discovered the program!

My Best,

Gary

Given the time it would take, I don't see why the splash couldn't be created in XDP.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Given the time it would take, I don't see why the splash couldn't be created in XDP.
    The splash screen used to be. I thought minimiro's artwork was top-notch. He allowed me to use his XAR file a while back on the book:

Name:	xtreme-5-splash.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	111689

I don't see anything objectionable from a design or corporate viewpoint with this style. It's fresh, self-celebrating, and done entirely in Xara.

Every version of Xara has had a different branding image. I think it's high time to find something that is outstanding and works, and stick with it.

Okay, this is nobbyy's thread on triangulated art. I'm signing off.

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    I found this type of drawing very boring to do!
    God, I just took a look at that tutorial. "Boring" is being gracious!

Nice apple, though. ;)

-g

Hi Gary

Just watched World Builder, had not seen it before and really enjoyed it, thought that the UI also reminded me of the Iron Man series, wonder if Xara will introduce the wrist mounted control panel!?

I think that you were being incredibly generous in referring to me as a fellow artist, I 'dabble' when I need to create an image and I have a long, long way to go.

Have managed some reasonable success with Dmesh and may buy the pro version if it has something as simlple as a go back key.

Thanks again to everyone for their input.

You ask really good questions, nobbyy, and that's a good half of being a successful (fellow) artist. Seriously.

Here's the YouTube embed for World Builder, in case anyone would like to see the short flick from te comfort of TalkGraphics.

My Best,

Gary

Thanks Gary - I just wish I had your tecnichal expertise.

Was really good of you to post the video 2, to fellow forum users - if you have not seen this video it is awesome, on many levels and I seriously recommend that you watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyy View Post
    Thanks Gary - I just wish I had your technical expertise.
    Well, as long as we are wishing here, I wish I had your receptiveness and openness to new things and ideas. With ever passing year, I fear I'm not as flexible as the year before with new stuff!

I think it's because my head is full.

And I don't have time to get up to date with all the new Tech Toys out there.

Have fun with triangles, nobbyy!

Name:	Artsy-Guy.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	111717

-g

Thanks Gary

I too have a 'full head' and definately subscribe to Homer Simpsons view

Name:	Homer.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	111726

The problem is that I cant choose the stuff that is pushed out and its usually the important stuff! LOL