Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trouble with two-color fill

I am having trouble figuring this one out, although I realize it is likely very easy to do. I have large block of text using 62 pt Arial Bold font. What I want to do is have the top half of the line of text in red, and the bottom half of the same line of text in green, with a slight fade from red to green where the colors come together.

After selecting the fill tool, the corresponding drop down menu lists various options such as Flat, Linear, Three Color, etc. I don't see an option for using just two colors. I've experimented with all of these options, but can't get anything to work the way I am looking for.

Can someone suggest how to create a fade from one color to another color, with the top half red and the bottom half green? Many thanks.

Default Re: Trouble with two-color fill

BTW, I am using Photo and Graphic Designer 6, which I forgot to mention.

You would do a linear gradient from top to bottom. Then add two stops in the middle area by double-clicking on the fill indicator. Click on the upper one of those two added color stops. Set its color to the color at the top of the gradient. Do the same for the lower stop, choosing the lowest part of the gradient color.

I typically just use the color picker available in the Color Editor to choose the middle (or whatever) colors from their needed area of the gradient.

You can then move those two stops closer or further away from each other to obtain the desired amount of blend between the colors. It will help to zoom in as needed.

Mike

You can achieve the same effect using the profile dialog on the fill tool infobar. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Profile.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	111553

Thank you for the tip. Finally got everything working as I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke.Hart View Post
    You can achieve the same effect using the profile dialog on the fill tool infobar.
    So Luke,

Being that I mainly go to print using commercial print devices, have you ever used the profile dialog and exported to a CMYK PDF profile?

Try something simple. A square. 100% Magenta at the top, 100% yellow at the bottom. Use the profile. Export to any type of PDF, but using CMYK for the color model.

Mike