Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vanishing Point

Default Vanishing Point

Can anyone tell me how to create a vanishing point to assist in a drawing i'm working on.
    Thanks, Ken.

Default Re: Vanishing Point

Are you wanting to do it with your Xara program or hand draw it? I can help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Tell us more about what you are trying to draw.

I am using Zara 11 and I'm trying to draw a view down a street with homes on both sides of street.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I use a little utility called Carapace that can save a lot of time in producing a perspective grid https://www.epicgames.com/community/...o-epic-friday/ And it's free

You can just hit the number keys 1 - 9 to drop up to 9 vanishing points to create a grid. (hit the F1 key to get a help lis)t Then just copy and paste the grid into your Xara document. It produces a bitmap so you can adjust the brightness if you need to and then just right click it and choose lock photo to lock it down. You can also use the straight line tool to trace the grid and once you have traced it all you could delete the photo group your lines and put them on a guides layer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you for your help. I'll give it a try.

Here's the way I'd do it in Xara:

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 02 February 2016 at 02:51 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Maybe this effect is what is required?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CentrePoint.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	111647  

I use Illy's perspective grids in CS4 which were stolen I think from Freehand. They use the symbol, draw a graphics in 2D, make it a symbol then place it on the grid and it conforms to what ever perspective grid you are using. It works well but like Egg I can get confused with the complex default grid which by the way can be edited.

In Xara I have used the Blend Tool to make the grid they way I want it, I count the number of guide lines required in each plane do a blend then arrange out the lines. This keeps things simple although getting the proportions of the height is looking at heights on the "X plane".

If you have tine to look at another piece of software have a look at "Sketchup" just about the easiest way of drawing perspective through a 2D orthographic projection or even the 3D mode.
    Design is thinking made visual.

You can also go to http://www.printablepaper.net/category/perspective and look at their grids. The nice thing about this site is you download the grid that you want in PDF format. Because the grid is PDF, you can bring the grid into Xara and place it on the guides layer and erase the parts that you do not want, that way you are good to go.

Just another idea.

Ray