Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I think I'd like this more than anything else: to get rid of these edges when shapes are cloned onto each other with different colors, sooo annoying sometimes!

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Circle.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	14971  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I think I'd like this more than anything else: to get rid of these edges when shapes are cloned onto each other with different colors, sooo annoying sometimes!

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve,
    I totally agree with you that this would be a nice fix for Xara make in thier next release. I have taken your object and "sliced" out the portion of the globe without the fuzzy edges. At least Xara's application allows us to come up with ways to work-a-around problems. Actually, all the people in "this forum" help us to come up with ways to work-a-round problems.

Name:	test.gif 
Views:	369 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	13456  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Newport:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve, try to use Corel Draw for a while, maybe you will forget such "blasphemic" requests on improvements of Xara's antialiasing engine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Steve, try to use Corel Draw for a while, maybe you will forget such "blasphemic" requests on improvements of Xara's antialiasing engine. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Roman.

Steve Are you cloning over a blue background? Perhaps that is why you are getting the blue fringe?

Also if you create a bitmap copy using the True Color + Alpha option you should get a perfectly sharp edge with no fringe. (If this is an option)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I can't duplicate the problem you illustrate with your example. I don't ever remember experiencing it in all my hours using Xara. Perhaps I've just not been observant enough.

Can you describe in more detail what you did to create your example?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I agree that if you create a circle with a red fill, clone it and change the clones fill to blue it's just possible to see a red edge from the circle behind. But it's quite easy to apply a 1 pixel feather to remove this.
    The effect can be seen on the image below. The circles with a red clone below have a red edge. In fact its not red but purple, whilst the circles with just a blue fill and no clone below have a pale blue edge.
    Egg

[This message was edited by Egg Bramhill on December 13, 2002 at 17:56.]

Name:	clone.gif 
Views:	247 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	13631  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host