Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme Pro Annoyances

Well, it looks like there's still a few people out there besides me using Xara Xtreme Pro 5.1? I've started using it again after a long gap and am reminded of a couple of annoyances I never did get sorted out.

1. I want Page Units in pixels, but it always reverts to inches next time Xara is started.

2. Likewise, window --> Bars --> Rulers never sticks. Rulers will be unchecked next time Xara is started.

Anyone know if these minor annoyances can be fixed?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Pro Annoyances

Hi I am using the latest version V11 and these settings can be set and your document saved as a template and check use as default in the save template dialogue and your custom template will load and these settings will be retained.

I can't remember back to version 5 and I don't have it currently installed but this might work with V5 (no guarantees though)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I too am using v11, but I seem to remember that even back as far as v5 you could set options the way you want, then go to File > Save Template, and designate it as the default template, and those options would be set automatically when you open the program again (or a new document). But I could be wrong.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Just to try and make VERY clear what has been said above ... because I've seen this particular gripe a number of times ...

When you open a Xara drawing it opens the default template (Unless you specifically go to NEW > and open a specific template), and unless you've edited that template, the default is INCHES and NO RULERS.

If you make layout changes and save a drawing, those settings are only applicable to the drawing you just saved, so every drawing can have its own custom settings.

Every time you reconfigure your drawing options you can SAVE it as a TEMPLATE (FILE > SAVE TEMPLATE) and then you can recall those particular settings, by using that specific template. Note: This is not limited to just layout, you can define fonts and colours etc. and even define a letterhead or similar on it if you wish.

You can have as many TEMPLATES as you wish.

The template that YOU decide you want to open most of the time, can be set as the default template by checking the Default Template box when you save it.

As far as I can remember these settings have been available on every version of Xara I've owned, back to CORELXARA 1.0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016.01.06_21h26m25s_001.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	111404
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thank you everyone. All sorted now.