Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara & Microsoft Surface Book

Okay, I'm probably not the only one thinking of upgrading to the new Microsoft Surface Book, especially the 16GB RAM model. As it runs Windows 10, I presume all of Xara's products run like a rocket on it?

Default Re: Xara & Microsoft Surface Book

Yeah, and it's a steal at £2,249!!!
    I expect the SSD will help speed things along, too. Sorry, that sounds a bit sarcastic, I'd really like one, but unless some long-forgotten rich auntie has left me a similar sum in her will, I shan't be getting one any time soon.
    Still, one can dream. Let us know if you get one, perhaps it will be cheaper in NZ.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Yep I agree with Bob here to just about replace you desktop you will need to buy the 256 GB SSD ver. and that's money your talking here. If your going that far spending that money you might as well spend another £500 and get the i7 processor.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Manawatu View Post
    Okay, I'm probably not the only one thinking of upgrading to the new Microsoft Surface Book, especially the 16GB RAM model.

Err.. ..I think you are!

Yes .... I think you are too. It's much MUCH too expensive for me to even dream about it unless I win the lottery, and even then I'd have to think carefully about the Surface Pro or a REALLY good laptop.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's the problem, Keith, the Surface Pro is probably a very good laptop (and possibly a good desktop replacement, too).
    It's a difficult choice, made easier by the Surface Pro's price tag.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Well not a Surface Pro but just invested in an Acer desktop 8G Ram - and V10 is might swift. Surface a little rich for my blood but you do get a tablet AND a laptop - so there's that.

-Bill-

Just purchased the Surface Book i5, 8Gb RAM, onboard graphics, 128Gb SSD. The base model if you will.

So far, so good. Need to figure some settings but really getting productive now that I can draw on the screen.

I bought the Surface Pro 3 second hand including the keyboard cover and a bluetooth mouse for € 900. I use it for both sketching and drawing the final images. Works like a dream in both tablet and laptop mode.

Just to clarify this here ... We're not talking about the SURFACE PRO, we're talking about the SURFACE BOOK, although to be fair they probably aren't all that different. If I was going to go with BIG money though, I'd be looking at the SURFACE STUDIO, which IS an entirely different animal. I'd like to see how Xara runs on that!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.