Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another WIP

Thanks Mike, What goes on the top of the pistol, at this area. Another words what sits besides this piece?

Way cool Randy... thanx man... It is different to view a pink killing tool...

Lots of mesh here, my mind is realing when contiplating the tweaking that must have gone on here... way to Randy... [thumbs up ]

Hi Randy,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What goes on the top of the pistol, at this area. Another words what sits besides this piece? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just the Barrel, no sites on these old pistols.

So does the barrel just butt up against the wooden handel. How does the fire get into the barrel?

Sorry for being ignorant.

gidgit - The mesh is the result of a hypernurb on the handle, the actual mesh I work from is much less dense. The barrel is just a cylinder and some torus(es)?

There is a small hole in the barrel, a small amount of priming powder is placed in the indentation on the firing mechanism, the flint striking the frizzen ignites this priming powder which ignites the main powder charge in the barrel.

The wooden handle is carved out to receive the barrel and is fastened with screws.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on May 03, 2003 at 19:39.]

Ok here is a early look at a scene I am working on for it. Want to add an ink bottle and feather pen.

Sorry Gary, I have to finish this by next week and just don't have time to learn Poser (along with working on my next review). I will keep your idea in mind, I would like to give it a go.

Mike - Thanks for your reference and info!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flint_gun_wip2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	18230  

hey, good message here Randy... cool project man...