Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another WIP

This is not a very accurate model, just wanted something that might pass as a real gun, but the design would never work in real life.

I am going to put this into a environment, but haven't figured out what. I was thinking along the lines of the gun laying on a table with some shot and a powder horn. May even throw in a confederate flag or something.

The textures are just some place holders. I want to try and use Body Paint to texture this thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flint_gun_wip1.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	17001  

This is not a very accurate model, just wanted something that might pass as a real gun, but the design would never work in real life.

I am going to put this into a environment, but haven't figured out what. I was thinking along the lines of the gun laying on a table with some shot and a powder horn. May even throw in a confederate flag or something.

The textures are just some place holders. I want to try and use Body Paint to texture this thing.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

not an accurate model? Are you kidding? OK, it might not be a 1:1 model of an original, but to me it looks pretty darn realistic (maybe because I don't know anything about weapons except my own blaster).

Boooouuuumm ;-}

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Randy...it might not fire, but I'd certainly reach for the sky if it were pointed at me.

Suggestion? Put it on a wooden floor, use Poser to put a semi-gripped hand next to it, and a playing card or two. Black Bart gits his fer cheatin' at stud Pokerrrr.

Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Jens - Thanks! It is all close to being real except the firing mechanism. I did not have any good reference photos for that, so I just ad-lib it.

Gary - Great suggestion. Except I don't know how to use Poser. I got V3 free on a cover disk and never have played with it. I may try it to use learn, because I like your suggestion.

Randy, if you need to see a flint lock firing mechanism. I can dig something up for ya.

Hey hey, right on Randy [thumbs up] looks very nice... how long did this take, and what if any reference did you draw from? way cool... also, could you post a wire Randy..

and yea, good input here

Keep it coming...

Nice work bud

Stu.

Mike - That would be great. I don't know If I will go back and change this model, but it would be helpful for future work.

gidgit - One Hot pink wireframe for your view pleasure. Not a great mesh, but I have done worse

Stu - Thanks bud!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip1_wire.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	18687  

This part mounts on the right side of the firearm. The part located in front of the hammer is called a frizzen, this one is in its loading position, to fire the weapon the hammer is cocked back and the frizzen is lowered into striking position.

During the civil war era Sam Colt was producing six shot revolvers.