Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default OK Folks,THIS is getting REALLY OLD...!!!

I have tried all the tips suggested by some kind folks here, and watched all the videos, and either I am the dumbest clod on the planet, or I am missing something REALLY small that's probably SO SIMPLE I am ashamed to admit I have spent nearly my entire working career(retired now), in the printing business...!!!

Could some kind soul tell me EXACTLY HOW to create a simple circle, split it into 2 HALF circles, so that I can run text along the
    edges of BOTH arcs so that the text on the top half of the arc reads left to right going OVER the half arc, and the text runs
    along the bottom of the OTHER arc so that it TOO reads from left to right...?

I have been struggling with this for over 3 HOURS and ready to chuck the computer AND the software out the window into the snow...!

As I said before, the Help Section inside the software is very simplistic and even after following it to the letter, I STILL cannot get this thing to work. I cannot find the video where the chap went through this in fairly good detail, although the audio was less than great at my end and I could not understand a couple of his comments.

If it were possible...I would PAY somebody to walk me through this, as I REALLY want to conquer this problem and move on.
    There is also the issue of some of the buttons not showing up in the drop down menus and are different from the other softwares in the Xara line, that show "Different" icons than what I see in Layout Designer 11...??

Anyway, if someone could chime in, it would go a long way to saving this 'ol plate burner's sanity...!!!
    p.s. the attachment shows a variant of what I am trying to accomplish with the text on the outside of main logo. You can see that the text is NOT following the circle properly. BTW, HOW I got the text to work in this sample is a mystery...?!?!...sorry.

Regards,
    oldcopierguy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPMSnew2.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	111309