Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    NeilH is offline Xara Group Ltd. Development Manager Member

Default Re: Locked out of Xara DP11 once again!

@Phill - I sent you a PM on 31-Dec to help you with your activation problem. But I don't have any reply from you. Did you not receive the message?

Thanks

Neil
    Xara

@Phill, you have had a large following in this Thread (68 TGs and 2,000 Views).

Have your problems bottomed out?
    You alleged a wide range of failings on Xara and its implementation for XDPX11, particularly around its activation mechanism.

A recent analogy I have is where I bought a very expensive, high-end PC and it would crash and reset once a day.
    I "blamed" a tablet I left plugged in. I then "cursed" MS for Windows 10. I mentally "accused" my supplier for a faulty graphics card.
    Each manifestation clearly fell into one of the three above categories. No fix, however, worked.

When the main monitor started switching off and then back on, I also heard a clicking sound. Power supply? Mains lead?
    No, it was a power-saver that switches off peripherals when the PC is powered off. In failing, its random power spikes were the root cause of all my woes.
    Now removed and no faults. A device that saves £3/year could have ruined a system that would have taken 1,000 years to refund through such meagre savings.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I wonder if it's simply the firewall stopping the software being registered.

The support team contacted Phil and he has successfully activated the program. Its currently unclear whats causing the behavior he encountered and its not a generic problem or one we've managed to reproduce.

Nevertheless we will keep an eye on it and i'm sure Phil will let us know should the problem arise again.

Thanks

I'll keep a space in my diary on 22nd February.. ;-)

Thank you Neill, I did reply and received response and activation was accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilH View Post
    @Phill - I sent you a PM on 31-Dec to help you with your activation problem. But I don't have any reply from you. Did you not receive the message?

Thanks

Neil
    Xara

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    The support team contacted Phil and he has successfully activated the program. Its currently unclear whats causing the behavior he encountered and its not a generic problem or one we've managed to reproduce.

Nevertheless we will keep an eye on it and i'm sure Phil will let us know should the problem arise again.

Thanks

Yes it is working once again but in the interim was able to install and activate ver 9 from the same computer and immediately following that again tried activating v10 but the activation clock froze again. I tried it again on many occasions and finally after help from Xara it activated. Xara have assured me that there would be nothing in my registry causing the program to seek activation nor to refuse it. However my username and serial no. pop up even after completely uninstalling and installing a fresh downloaded copy which not only would not activate but the trial option was not available either on any of those occasions. Also, the fact that these problems have been happening on separate computers would seem to isolate the computer from the problem. I am pleased it is working but still do not understand the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Yes it is working once again but in the interim was able to install and activate ver 9 from the same computer and immediately following that again tried activating v10 but the activation clock froze again. I tried it again on many occasions and finally after help from Xara it activated. Xara have assured me that there would be nothing in my registry causing the program to seek activation nor to refuse it. However my username and serial no. pop up even after completely uninstalling and installing a fresh downloaded copy which not only would not activate but the trial option was not available either on any of those occasions. Also, the fact that these problems have been happening on separate computers would seem to isolate the computer from the problem. I am pleased it is working but still do not understand the cause.
    Phill, truly pleased you are working again,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I've just found this thread after posting this in another part of the forum:

"Hi!

I have Web Designer Premium installed on two computers, but on one of them the program do not always start. The thing is, I've upgraded that computer with a SSD and didn't deactivate the program before cloning my harddrive over to the new SSD. The program didn't start as it saw my new SSD as a third activation, so I deactivated the program afterwards and it seemed to work - the program started. The day after it didn't, saying that I've maxed out on activations. When I logged in to my account I saw the correct two computers activated, so that was correct. I then contacted support who worked their magic, and the program was starting again. Then it stopped working again...
    Just to test things out I tried restarting my computer after making sure the program didn't feel like opening, and then it's working again!

In some way the program sees my second computer as a third activation when "calling home", but (and this is strange) not always."

Not exactly the same problem, but perhaps similar... I thought I was the only one on the planet with this kind of hickup.

All the best
    Phono

Hi Phono

The problem you mentioned was mine. I dont think that Xara have solved it as yet, but the workaround was to issue me with an additioanal license number so that one was linked to my laptop wifi access and the other to my wifi Lan - not ideal but it works for me.

Hope you get sorted soon.