Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Locked out of Xara DP11 once again!

The season of goodwill to all men is truly short in some parts.

Phil, these things are unfortunate, people are fallible as is Xara, but they aren't the devil you wish to portray them as.

You had to pop into the office to finish a job? I almost reached for a Kleenex.

Sure Xara needs to do something about this but we're all human.

I hope your issue is resolved, but frustrating as this activation issue has been, a lot of people wish that's all they had to worry about at this time of the year, or any time.

Could this be the same issue identified here http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ation-question.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thank you for your sarcastic response that was certainly very helpful!

In response to Christine. Thanks for the link. In my case it has been the laptop the last two times and it has always been connected via wifi, and the same one. As mentioned, the most recent time it was not connected at all when opening Xara, but still produced the activation message after tethering it to a smartphone. Maybe by that time the damage was done as it were. I still think that there is something within the software that shuts things down when it cannot "phone home" and receive a go ahead, or when it is connected the response received is either not fully transmitted or becomes corrupted. Fact is that it should not happen particularly from the same machine.
    Is it also possible that someone has the same serial number? Whatever the reason, it should not keep happening. I have never had a similar problem with any other software.

Phil,

I don't know if this will make any difference but I had an issue with Outlook when first upgrading to Windows 10 - the program thought it did not have an internet connection. The solution I found was as below. This may or may not cure the issue but could be worth a try.

Go to the start menu. (Thats the little window icon on the bottom left of the screen)
    (Hard to see but there is a scroll bar at the right hand side of the icons)
    scroll to the bottom of the icons to the one that says command prompt
    right click this and select run as administrator.
    In the command box type sfc/scannow. wait for it to finish then close the command prompt window.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Is it also possible that someone has the same serial number? Whatever the reason, it should not keep happening. I have never had a similar problem with any other software.
    If someone else had the the same s.no. they'd be having the same issue as you. Grasping at straws here, but I'm wondering if you are using a fixed or dynamic IP address on your laptop, e.g on my home and work networks my laptop is always fixed at 192.168.1.12. If you're using a dynamic IP address that's randomly provided by your router, the program might (incorrectly) see a different IP address as a "change" that it needs to flag as another installation. I use fixed IPs because printers 'stay put' and it makes the network generally a bit quicker and more reliable imho. It also makes network auditing easier.

Almost all these protection schemes concoct some form of machine identifier using a mix of the machine OS and the machine's hardware.

It's pointless second guessing, only Xara will know. It wouldn't be such a great issue if they hadn't also added the 21 day issue to the mix.

I'm hoping Xara will sort this out on Monday.

Waiting 21 days is a bone-headed thing. But it also simply shouldn't phone home and cause any registration issue after first registering it. Not for perpetual license software.

There should be X number of installations allowed (as it does) and if someone alters their computer and goes over that limit, then fine, shut it off from further installation until Xara is contacted and it is worked out.

Hi Phill

First off, apologies for delay in getting your problem solved, the holiday seasons are a pain for a company of our size

I understand that Neil has sent you a new serial number for you to use, he will be chasing the copy protection team to ensure this doesn't happen again either. Please let me know if you start getting problems with that serial number.

If you have sent a ticket with the problem within, can you send me your ticket ID and I will put it at the top of my list to monitor and respond immediately.

Please also send me your email address via PM or support ticket and we'll offer something as way of an apology.

Many thanks and hope you had a lovely holiday.

Kind Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi Phill

First off, apologies for delay in getting your problem solved, the holiday seasons are a pain for a company of our size

I understand that Neil has sent you a new serial number for you to use, he will be chasing the copy protection team to ensure this doesn't happen again either. Please let me know if you start getting problems with that serial number.

If you have sent a ticket with the problem within, can you send me your ticket ID and I will put it at the top of my list to monitor and respond immediately.

Please also send me your email address via PM or support ticket and we'll offer something as way of an apology.

Many thanks and hope you had a lovely holiday.

Kind Regards
    Rob
    Rob, in Phill's "absence" may I wish you and the Xara team a Happy New Year. I have always preferred the personal touch from a company like yours to the corporate behemoth. Could you now consider a little "something" for me as well?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat