Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Name Gallery Suggestion

When you click on a name, regardless of what page the object is on, Xara should shift focus and change pages to that named object when you hit "select."

You should also be able to select objects on different pages from the name gallery and delete them, as opposed to just deleting the name.

The "play" button to the right of the named objects doesn't export but rather applies a name for future use? I would like to use the play button to export and overwrite objects without being prompted or warned about overwriting the object. It is more intuitive to do that rather than right click on a name.

I wish the name gallery was more intuitive to batch exporting objects, specifically when exporting objects on different pages. The reason I have the objects on different pages is because while the content is the same on each page, the composition is different because each of the page sizes are different.

Does anyone else use the name gallery or am I doing something wrong?
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Name Gallery Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Sheff View Post
    When you click on a name, regardless of what page the object is on, Xara should shift focus and change pages to that named object when you hit "select."
    You should also be able to select objects on different pages from the name gallery and delete them, as opposed to just deleting the name.
    The "play" button to the right of the named objects doesn't export but rather applies a name for future use? I would like to use the play button to export and overwrite objects without being prompted or warned about overwriting the object. It is more intuitive to do that rather than right click on a name.
    I wish the name gallery was more intuitive to batch exporting objects, specifically when exporting objects on different pages. The reason I have the objects on different pages is because while the content is the same on each page, the composition is different because each of the page sizes are different.
    Does anyone else use the name gallery or am I doing something wrong?
    Sheff, a Name can be applied to more than one object. I find this wrong as a Name resolves to an HTML id and therefore breaks the rules.
    That's why I pushed for the "htmlcass=" extension.

When all the Names are selected, one should be able to "Tab" through then and the focus should move to where they are on the selected page.
    If this tabbing occurred across all pages then any deletes would be under your direct control; a bit like a word search through an entire document and not just a story or text block.
    The Delete button tells you how many times a Name is in use on a page and the total on other pages

So +1 for this.

The Play button definitely exports the named object with the filetype set to the type shown to the left of the Play button.
    You can right-click this and change it to another type in the Export Bitmap Options pop-up.
    The Play button only works this this when the dropdown is showing Exports.

I use the Name gallery for creating my own Stretches as well.

I have never understood the purpose of the Redefine button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat