Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Could someone please explain to me how I export animated web graphics?

Hi again everyone

I have tried to export an animated button for my WordPress site, but I just can't do it. Is it not possible? Please, could someone help me figure this one out? I'm afraid I am still thinking in Gimp mode but don't I need to flatten layers before I export, e.g. an animation + a graphic element?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Linda

Default Re: Could someone please explain to me how I export animated web graphics?

By animated button, do you mean with a mouse off and mouse over state?

Default Re: Could someone please explain to me how I export animated web graphics?

Jep that's exactly right...so cool but is it possible to export it?

kind regards
    Linda

Linda, the buttons are not designed to work outside of a Xara-based web page.

As you have discovered, such a button sits on two Layers (MouseOff & MouseOver).

It is possible to select and export each layer's objects individually as a PNG and stitch them together using CSS.
    Both can be exported together as a PNG that is then an image sprite; here are a few tutorials: https://www.webvamp.co.uk/blog/codin...age-rollovers/ & http://line25.com/tutorials/how-to-b...-image-sprites.

So for WordPress, you would have to upload the images, place them on a page with same HTML and CSS coding.
    I would search on the WordPress forums for doing the latter by saying you've these great button PNG graphics designing in a Xara application...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

hmm, I was HOPING you wouldn't say I would need coding, but since you did, I'll have a look on Wordpress and ask around, thanks for that and happy holidays to you and everyone

kind regards
    Linda