Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Peter,
    An interesting suggestion. Got through twenty pages of Neil Fishers (before I tired): found soccer players, baseball players, ministers, designers ... I didn't realize so many people were named after me. Ha! Neil

Ross

Welcome back. I hope your computer is fixed.

Are these people copyrights violators or just Ross Macintosh admirers :-)

I've used this before, when I have nothing else to do, and have come up with scores of people using my images and adding an HTML credit line. For the most part there is nothing one can do unless an image shows up on a major site with deep pockets and then you have to decide is it worth going after the miscreant, or not.

I did discover that Ziff/Davis had published five of my articles from the old CorelDRAW Journal and was offering them on a CD. All writers that write for Z/D have to sign a work for hire agreement and so ZD just assumed they had the rights to publish these articles without asking permission. None of the CorelDRAW contributors ever signed the agreement.

Scum that ZD are, they did not even have the courtesy to reply to my National Writers Union grievance counsellor. But they recently sold the journals to a British company who have agreed to compensate the NWG members. Google is worth its weight in gold. ZD can go pound sand.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

believer be us moth

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary - The violators in my case probably never even visited my site. I gave a upstart search engine tool company called Sandy Bay Networks permission to use one of my articles. The Japanese site I linked in the previous post seems to have copied the article from Sandy Bay. I'm not steamed about it but I do find it peculiar that seemingly professional sites think that any content found on the web is available for their own use. I might write the Japanese site and ask them to replace my email address, which they published (no wonder I get so much spam), with a link to my site.

My computer problems of the last week seem to be fixed.

I shall never buy a Ziff/Davis publication again!

Regards, Ross

PS - Note that Google doesn't provide you every reference to your name that it finds - when it finds hundreds or thousands of references. It selectively edits those it shows you, removing many it thinks are close to being duplicates. Sometimes on the last page of the results it has a message to that effect and allows you to then see the unedited results.

i got 788,000. in google

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Eric - Now you have to go through them and see how many of them are about you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Yea, I got about 128,000, not a one of them being me! I guess I'm just not as popular as all of you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ! My uncle has quite a few, he does a lot of programming for Palms and other stuff. Worth checking out if you're interested in that kind of stuff. The page design is not so pleasing to the eye at the moment, but I have convinced him to let me manage the graphical issues and layout of the site. Here's the link, http://www.danny-newport.com/
    Enjoy!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

that great escape book during ww2 was written by (ahem!) eric williams

Ross, nice to see the beast with one eye is up and running again...or as bruce forsythe would say...nice to see you, to see you nice.

eric

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> or as bruce forsythe would say...nice to see you, to see you nice. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you starting your weekend early? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

believer oh be smut

I don't know about others but I have worked very hard to make my name and web site show up in the search engines. If you go to Google dot com
    http://www.google.com/
    and type in my name
    Bruce Stawicki
    you will see many pages. And the first several pages of links all go to my web site. Or are web sites that have links to my site. I am certainly not anonymous but I have been trying to get links so I think I am doing pretty good! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Whaddya mean start*ing*
    bruce forsythe= bewigged cheesy game show host [quite funny tho] here in the uk, big chin, beautiful wife etc catch phrase "nice 2 see you, 2 see you nice!" or "what a wonderful audience!" i]aside[/i] much better than the rabble we had in last week. etc

cheers
    eric the pathetic drunk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brucey.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	12504