Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default $%@@!!!! Eraser!!!!

Hi, gang! Thanks for your suggestions regarding my t-shirt design. (I decided not to "age" it after all. Too much of the image wound up being obscured. But thanks just the same).

I've been having serious issues with Xara 10's freaking eraser. It seems like every time I try to use it, I get an "access code violation" and Xara has to close. "We apologize for any inconvenience."

Well, darn right it's an inconvenience! The eraser is the main reason I upgraded from Xara 7 to 10!!! And now it keeps crashing the program!!!

Does anyone here know of any fix or patch that can address this?

Thanks!

Default Re: $%@@!!!! Eraser!!!!

Are these access code violations giving you any code which you could send to support? Do they offer to automatically offer to send an crash report to Xara? I would suggest that your problems will relate to a particular issue on your system, otherwise many more members would be screaming from on high re a crash caused by the eraser tool, which I can't say I've noticed.

I suggest re-installing Xara and see if this resolves the issue. Also send your problem file to Xara support. Other than that I can't see any member here being able to resolve your problem.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Toonicorn,

Please give us as much detail about the crashes as you can, e.g. what you were doing, what sort of object was selected, crash log numbers. If you have a document that causes the problem in a predictable way please post it here or add it to a ticket at support.xara.com.

The more information we have, the easier it is for us to find and fix the problem.

Thanks,

Phil

Hi, gang, sorry I too so long getting back to you.

I've actually bought a new computer. So once I get it set up and load Xara, I'll try the eraser again and see if I still have problems with it. Thanks for your offers of help!