Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Question about Zoom to Selected

(I'm trying real hard not to sound like a novice here...)

I don't use this command often, but often enough to see that my copy of 11 doesn't work when I use the shortcut combo Ctrl+Shift+Z (which is second nature to me by now!), nor does the icon for this command provide me with a zoom to the selected shape(s).

Is anyone else getting a zoom to a medium resolution, the bottom left of a page in center screen?

TIA.

Too weird,

Gary

Default Re: Question about Zoom to Selected

No problem here, works as expected.

Darn. I wish you have a problem, Mike.

Well, I might be able to trace this back farther than this past week. Like an idiot, I allowed a program to optimize my Registry a while age and it removed a lot of "good" data, such as registration numbers and God knows what else.

Man, the difference between Cancel, and OK becomes a tad vague after 1 AM in the morning.

You know the sound the keystroke makes when you pick the wrong option? "Schmuck..."

Thanks,

Gary

Also if you opt for the Classic Key settings in Customize Key Shortcuts it can effect shortcuts. Or is that shortscut?

Thanks Mike and Gary for looking, but no, I think I broke version 11 pretty good and might try re-installing.

Darnedest thing: Ctrl+Shift+Z puts the absolute left and down lim,it of the page right in the center of the screen. I have several versions of Xara installed; both 9 and 10 work as expected with Zoom to Selected.

Weird.

-g

Is it related to this logged issue:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ng-Linear-Fill

?

Phil

Hi Phil and thanks for stepping in. No, I think albacore's problem is a subset of my own problem. I don't need a thin rectangle or a linear fill: right now, ANY shape I draw, keep selected and then choose Zoom to Selected puts me out around Stalingrad when I work in Central NY.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zoomToSelected.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	111256

I'll roll a video if this screen cap doesn't illustrate the problem adequately.

TIA,

Gary

Hi Gary,

In your screenshot you do have "Show fill edit handles" selected in the Selector Tool infobar. Please try turning it off - not as a solution, just to verify the bug.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    Hi Gary,

In your screenshot you do have "Show fill edit handles" selected in the Selector Tool infobar. Please try turning it off - not as a solution, just to verify the bug.

Phil
    Son of a...gun! It's having the Edit Fill Handles button active that is messing with the Zoom to Selected, Phil. Can repeat this.

I always leave all handles visible unless I'm moving something from a high zoom distance, in which case the fill handles interfere with selecting the shape itself.

It's a bug, Phil. Thanks for this!

My Best,

Gary

Whether I have the handles on/off, Zoom to Selected using the drop down or the short cut zooms to 25601%. Only the menu selection of "Page" allows me to see the page. Page Width, for instance, doesn't work here either.

I cannot remember these ever working (short cuts or menu selections) ever working. The number keys (1...4) have always worked. I made a shortcut assignment to see the whole page. It works.

Mike