Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Colour swapping in Xara 10.

HI,
    I am using Xara 10 and trying to change the colours on a web design preview jpg. I wondered if there was a quick way to change all the clue to a maroon? I am attaching the file I have at present. I have a friend who is an ex-Para coming to see me in a couple of hours and wanted to try and change the colour scheme on this before purchasing a web template if my friend like the colour change.
    Many thanks
    Andrew
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Colour swapping in Xara 10.

Hi AndyD,

This is easily accomplished using the "Select colours to enhance tool" and the "Set Photo Hue", for more information see the video below;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p15oSTOEm08

That link was very useful, thanks for that. I see it is using the slider to change colours though. I looked up a hex code for maroon (#800000), can this be used somewhere to change the colour/hue instead of using the slider perhaps?

Hi AndyD,

There is no way to have an exact colour as the hue change, however you could quite simply recreate the blue shapes as vectors and place them on top of the Bitmap, then apply the different colour to the newly made shapes, e.g. the main slider is a large rectangle with elliptical fill, with an image on top and border around the image.

Yeah, that is what I had been thinking of doing but had wondered if there was a shortcut. Turns out friend can't make it today after all so not so much of a hurry. But I may "redraw" the background. Thanks for the advice.

In this colour change issue, if I preview a web page and then PrtScr the viewed page into Xara in sections, then Select All, Group, if I try to colour change the whole page, it will only do it in sections individually despite having been "Grouped." Is there smething I am doing wrong in my combination of the sliced web page? What I am doing is previewing the web page template then trying to change the colours of header backgrounds, etc. I am trying with a number of different templates.

Hi AndyD,

What you want to do is select all of the images, right click and "Make a bitmap copy", this will create a new bitmap that you can change the hue on which will apply to the whole design. When you group the images the "Select colour to enhance" is only being applied to the one bitmap not the whole group.

Thanks for that info. I'll give it a whirl.