Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Upgrade advice

Default Upgrade advice

I currently use Designer Pro 9 (32 bit). I also have an older license for Web Designer. I use the 32 bit version because there were some functions that did not work in 64 bit. I am trying to decide whether to upgrade and if so to what. My usage is mostly to support a key 30 plus page website. So I'm trying to determine whether to economize and get WD 11. I don't do much in the way of standalone graphics/document creation. What I really need to understand is what the limitations are of WD versus Designer Pro 11 from a pure web design perspective. Do the products now work fully in W7 64 bit? And when is the next revision of WD due out? I've never liked the way the release dates are staggered.

Thanks for any advice.

Default Re: Upgrade advice

Hi Catman. I wouldn't advice you either way regarding WD11 or XDP11, you need to look at the software specs & decide what suits your personal requirements.

However, Xara do have a special offer on at present. See:

http://www.xara.com/uk/outsider/november15/
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host