Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Middle Wisconsin... just 80 miles from the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field

Default Web Animation > Show pop-up layer Help

I've searched the documentation and searched Forum's for <Many> as it relates to subject line without success. See next graphic below and thumbnail at bottom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot055.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	110991

This issue has plagued me since installing x11 but generally disappears mysteriously and the popup layers show up in the list.

Here are the questions...

• What causes this?
    • Is it procedural?
    • How do I prevent this from happen in the future?

Layer alignment is as follows:

PopUp 01
    PopUp 02
    PopUp 03
    MouseOver
    MouseOff
    Page background
    Pasteboard background

I think I've included all pertinent information... if not... Let me know.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot054.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	110990  

Default Re: Web Animation > Show pop-up layer Help

• What causes this?
    • Is it procedural?
    • How do I prevent this from happen in the future?
    This will only happen if you have more than one mouse over object selected. Select a mouse over button (or object) and look at the status in the bottom left of the Xara window and ensure you only have one object selected.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    This will only happen if you have more than one mouse over object selected. Select a mouse over button (or object) and look at the status in the bottom left of the Xara window and ensure you only have one object selected.
    Thanks for your quick reply.

The only things selected... and it could be construed as <Many>... are 11 characters/3 words on MouseOff.

Perhaps what I'm attempting is not allowed. That is, these three words are already being used as a link to another page (Web Properties > Link to:Page: page2)... And what I wanted to also accomplish is as the cursor comes across the words, a graphic representing the page appears (Web Animation > Show pop-up layer > (with pull-down menu showing PopUp layers)) in the appropriate blank space available on the page. Instead... I get <Many> and zero pop up layers are shown.

Even selecting a single character within the "linked text" and going to Web Animation > Show pop-up layer > indicates that again <Many> are selected, yet in the lower left shows 1 character/1word on layer MouseOff selected.

I'm confused. Any words of wisdom truly appreciated.

I think we'd really need to see your web / xar file to say what the problem is. Any chance of attaching it?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think we'd really need to see your web / xar file to say what the problem is. Any chance of attaching it?
    After thinking more on this... and trying several other things... none of which worked. Finally settled on what may be a work-a-round... BUT did work. I converted the text into a .JPG (via screenshot // Gadwin PrintScreen v 4) and this allowed me to do the PopUp thing and link via hypertext link.

Here's the link to the page in question. I have some page sizing issues but hope to repair that prior to final publish... I hope.

With bourbon in hand, I thank you very much for you thoughts. It's late... It's O.K..

I converted the text into a .JPG (via screenshot // Gadwin PrintScreen v 4) and this allowed me to do the PopUp thing and link via hypertext link.
    There's no need to do this. Just select the text line and Ctrl+G to make the text a group. Xara will export it as a bitmap, not text. The greatest advantage of this is that your text remains editable within Xara.
    Egg

There's no need to do this. Just select the text line and Ctrl+G to make the text a group. Xara will export it as a bitmap, not text. The greatest advantage of this is that your text remains editable within Xara.
    Wow, thanks. I thought I saw something like that in tips or Xara advertisement... but just could not find it.

Again, thanks for your guidance...

Have a great evening!

Morning here else I'd join you in a bourbon.

Try this as an alternative. The text remains text for search engine optomisation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Morning here else I'd join you in a bourbon.

Try this as an alternative. The text remains text for search engine optomisation.
    Certainly a more elegant solution. I did attempt something similar but didn’t work well due to not completing certain tasks concerning the soft grouping.

Thank you very much for your demo design work. It’s now sunny here but shortly (less than 12 hours) a serious winter storm will cover the area and must prepare.