Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile ready website from customised template

Hello. I have created a website using Version 11 Premium and have designed the pages to suit the content of each. I need to create a mobile site as well now and wondered if there is an easy way to do this.
    I have recently purchased Xara Designer ProX11 and notice there are many new 'mobile ready' templates but I hope to be able to create a mobile site from the pages of the website I have already rather than start all over again from scratch. Can anyone tell me if this is possible please?

Default Re: Mobile ready website from customised template

Hello Sheila & welcome to TG.

Yes it's fairly easy to create variant versions of your own desktop created site.

Open your site, from the top menu bar in Xara, go to Utilities / Website Variants / Website Variants and in the resultant window hit the create button. The default variant is a 480 pixel wide one which I find ideal for mobiles.

This creates a new tab with
    1: Your Main (Desktop) site
    2: A Mobile variant.

Now you'll need to fit the text and images into the narrower page. You'll soon get the grasp of it.

You can test it by previewing your site and reducing the Browser window down in width to view the mobile variant.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

There are good starter tutorial videos on Xara.com. Here's one to start you off:

http://www.xara.com/uk/web-designer/.../#video_player
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Make a backup before you start!