Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help request: Trying to "collapse" enveloppe once applied from Mould tool...

Hi all !

Little help request here,

I'm a seasoned CG artist, but new to Xara photo & Graphic designer v11.

Ive started wih a bunch of lines, then applied an enveloppe from the mould tool:
    they're now all moulded the way i wanted them.
    nice.
    now i'd like to edit some of the lines again with the shape tool, but when i select the line,
    it shows me the mould enveloppe, and I cannot edit the line points anymore...

ive checked the help files & started rewatching tutorials...
    obviously i must be missing something simple here...

How can I "collapse" this enveloppe so the lines are back to being editable vector lines again ?

errr HeEeeeelp anyone ?

Last edited by Remi Turcotte; 12 November 2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: precision

Default Re: Help request: Trying to "collapse" enveloppe once applied from Mould tool...

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The envelope is a live effect which means that it can be edited at any time, today, tomorrow, next year.

To change the enveloped lines into editable lines, select the enveloped lines and from the Arrange menu select Convert to Editable Shapes, the Arrange Ungroup.

Default Re: Help request: Trying to "collapse" enveloppe once applied from Mould tool...

Not sure if I understood exactly what you want to do, but I think you will have to remove the envelope first.
    Select your mould and go to the Mould Tool
    Click 'Copy mould shape' and then 'Remove'.
    You can then do your editing.
    If your editing is complex and you need to use the clipboard remember to paste the envelope somewhere first.
    After you finished the editing reapply the envelope with the Mould Tool and clicking 'Paste envelope'.
    If your editing was complex and its not in the clipboard restore it by selecting and copying the previously pasted one first.

In Designer Pro I can also right click a mould and select 'Open mould' which opens the contents of the mould for editing in a new tab. Not sure if Photo & Graphic Designer also allows to do that.

AWESOME!

Thank you for your help !

Mush appreciated.