Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Oilcans

Rendered with Strata 3.9

Emanuel Brito
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oilcans.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	9323  

Rendered with Strata 3.9

Emanuel Brito

Nice plastic rendering, Emanuel !!!

Do you use a bump map at high resolution for the grey plastic or is the effect due to a particular specular effect ?

kindly,
    ivan

My mini-tutorials
    botarosa

Yea man... nice plastic indeed... I mean this stuff looks great... nice tire and mag as well eh

Ya know what though? The blue top, probably because of how the light reflects here, looks more like a rounded rectangular shape than does the red top... speaking of the red cap... nice thread work dude... on both the cap and the container... awesome work Emel... but yea, how about a lighting fix on that blue cap?

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

especially the wheels and tires! The oilcans however need some improvement: IMHO the kink in the bottleneck is ugly - any chance to adjust the surfaces or smooth the transition?

BTW Gidget: the thread is a fake one ;-} - no helix as a basis as it usually would be...

Other than this it's great stuff.

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Ivan the plastic is just a glossy gray texture without any bump.

Gidgit, you're to demanding man...this is just fun. I believe this is more a camera distortion illusion than a ligth adjustment. On last topic you've asked about diferences between Rhino 2 and 3. Well I've just worked a dozen times with 2.0. But I find:

Much pleasant interface (GUI)not only to look at but to work also.

Commands are more easy to work because once they are choosed they appear in command bar and work like hiperlinks. You press the parameter to be different from default and only numeric parameters need input.

Rigth click works like command validation and it's great.

Jens, this one is going to be just like that...very straigth and kind'a square like my mother in law. I'm planning to model a more organic 4L one but as you know it's going to take some time.

Thanks for input guys, allways appreciated.

Emanuel Brito

Haha, too demanding... one day, when you are making the big bucks designing future products, and/or displays, I will smile and say to myself... "hey, I know that bright young man"

I will download Rhino when I get home from work today... thnx for the info Emel

happy creat'n dude